If you plan on utilizing the ConnectWise Integration you will need to first purchase the integration using the following link: https://www.autoelevate.com/product/connectwise-manage-psa-ticketing-integration/ .
Once the integration has been purchased a support ticket will be opened which will track your integration setup and will contain information on how to securely send your API key information to AutoElevate.
To setup an API Member key in the ConnectWise Manage console so that AutoElevate can communicate with your system via API before you proceed with installation of AutoElevate Agents or setup of additional technicians in AutoElevate.
To Setup an API Member for AutoElevate in ConnectWise Manage do the following:
- In ConnectWise Manage - Go to System->Members->API Members
- Click on the “+” to add a new API Member
- Enter the following under the Profile Section:
- Member ID = AE
- Member Name = AE
- Enter the following under the System Section:
- Role ID= Admin (if you would prefer not to give Admin permissions you can assign your own custom role. Please see this article on the base permissions that are required for AutoElevate)
- Level= <pick a Level – i.e Corporate (Level 1)>
- Name= <pick a Name – i.e Corporate>
- Location= <pick a location – i.e. Tampa Office>
- After the new API Member is saved go to the “API Keys” tab (for the user) Click on the “+” to add a new API Keys
- Type “AE” for the description and click “Save” – *****DO NOT leave this tab/screen until you have screenshot of keys***** Once saved both public and private keys are displayed. Take a screenshot of these keys and document. (*****Once you exit this screen you will no longer be able to view the Private Key and the value will be permanently inaccessible.*****)
- Send the API keys to AutoElevate using the instructions contained in the support ticket for your PSA integration. (you should have received an email referencing your PSA integration after purchase of the integration).