If you plan on utilizing the ConnectWise Integration you will need to setup an API Member key in the ConnectWise Manage console so that AutoElevate can communicate with your system via API before you proceed with installation of AutoElevate Agents or setup of additional technicians in AutoElevate.
To Setup an API Member for AutoElevate in ConnectWise Manage do the following:
- In ConnectWise Manage - Go to System->Members->API Members
- Click on the “+” to add a new API Member
- Enter the following under the Profile Section:
- Member ID = AE
- Member Name = AE
- Enter the following under the System Section:
- Role ID= Admin
- Level= <pick a Level – i.e Corporate (Level 1)>
- Name= <pick a Name – i.e Corporate>
- Location= <pick a location – i.e. Tampa Office>
- After the new API Member is saved go to the “API Keys” tab (for the user) Click on the “+” to add a new API Keys
- Type “AE” for the description and click “Save” – *****DO NOT leave this tab/screen until you have screenshot of keys***** Once saved both public and private keys are displayed. Take a screenshot of these keys and document. (*****Once you exit this screen you will no longer be able to view the Private Key and the value will be permanently inaccessible.*****)
- Send the screenshot of the Public and Private Keys to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of ConnectWise API Member Setup.