The task of setting up the API user will need to be completed by someone from your organization that is familiar with creating new user accounts in Autotask.
Once the API user has been setup and AutoElevate is successfully communicating with your Autotask PSA account the AutoElevate Support Team will complete the configuration and integration via the API.
Here’s How to Setup the Autotask PSA API user:
General Tab – enter:
**Keep in mind that the name entered here will be seen in tickets as the creator of certain notes, so you might use something like “AE-Privilege Management”.
The email address entered will be used to receive notices regarding security, such as if the account has been locked out.**
Security Tab – enter:
- Username (document Username including domain)
- Password & Confirm it (document password)
- Security Level – select “API User (system)”
- Check the box “Resource is not required to Submit Timesheets”
- API Tracking Identifier – Select “Integration Vendor”, and then “AutoElevate – privilege management tools” from the drop down
HR Tab – Set Resource Type, Payroll Type, Internal Cost
Approvers Tab – Set Timesheet Approvers, Expense Report Approvers
Associations Tab – Select Associations and set Default Department & Role
- “Save & Close”
- Please send the username (including the full URL and password for the account created to email@example.com with a subject of “Autotask PSA API User is Setup”.