If you plan on utilizing the Autotask PSA Integration you will need to first purchase the integration using the following link: https://www.autoelevate.com/product/autotask-psa-ticketing-integration/ .
Once the integration has been purchased a support ticket will be opened which will track your integration setup and will contain information on how to securely send your API key information to AutoElevate.
The task of setting up the API user will need to be completed by someone from your organization that is familiar with creating new user accounts in Autotask.
Once the API user has been setup and AutoElevate is successfully communicating with your Autotask PSA account the AutoElevate Support Team will complete the configuration and integration via the API.
Here’s How to Setup the Autotask PSA API user:
- Open and Login to Autotask as an administrator
- From the home menu, click on “Admin” and “Features & Settings”
- Expand the “Resources/Users” menu and click on the “Resources/Users” sub-menu.
- Click the “New API User” button on the "+ New" dropdown to create a new API user.
General Section 1 – enter:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Security Level – select “API User (system)”. ** If you would prefer to restrict permissions for the API user you can create and then apply your own custom Security Level in this field. For the minimum permissions required the AutoElevate API user please see the article entitled: “Datto Autotask PSA Permissions for API User Security Level” found in this article.
**Keep in mind that the name entered here will be seen in tickets as the creator of certain notes, so you might use something like “AE-Privilege Management”.
The email address entered will be used to receive notices regarding security, such as if the account has been locked out.**
General Section 2 – enter:
- Username - Press the Generate Key button or create your own (document Username including domain)
- Password (Secret) - Press the Generate Secret button or create your own (document password)
API Tracking Identifier Section:
- API Tracking Identifier – Select “Integration Vendor”, and then “AutoElevate – Privilege Management Tools” from the drop down
- “Save & Close”
- Send the username and password for the account created to AutoElevate using the instructions contained in the support ticket for your PSA integration (you should have received an email referencing your PSA integration after purchase of the integration).
Please sign in to leave a comment.