Ticketing for Technician Mode is functionality that was released with version 18.104.22.168 of the AutoElevate Agent software.
Ticketing for Technician Mode Has the Following Benefits:
- Technicians can start a new ticket or a new time entry on an existing ticket directly from the client machine. AutoElevate automatically tracks their start/stop times on the fly
- Add notes to a ticket directly from a client machine with a single touch
- Time entries will align themselves contiguously in real time as part of your technician’s workflow, eliminating lost billable time
- Increases productivity by making time entry effortless
- Effectively track engineer activity into your PSA solution to get real-time status time tracking
What you Will Need for Ticketing for Technician Mode:
- AutoElevate Agent Version 22.214.171.124 or greater
- AutoElevate Notify Mobile app on your Android or iOS device version 1.3 or greater
- A supported PSA ticketing system which has been setup by the AutoElevate support team
For ConnectWise Manage users: If you have created a custom API Member Security Role for our integration, make sure you update the permissions to the latest set found here: ConnectWise Manage - Permissions for API Member Security Role
All agents will attempt to update automatically, but to check the AutoElevate Agent Version on your computers do the following from the Admin Portal (https://msp.autoelevate.com ):
- Go to the “Computers” screen
- Expand the groups in your view so you can see the data in the column entitled: “Agent Version”
- If the Agent Version is not at version 126.96.36.199 or greater they will need to be updated by reinstalling using the most current version manually with your RMM or other installation method.
To check the AutoElevate Notify mobile app, open the app on your mobile device:
Android versions - If you have the latest version of AutoElevate Notify you will see the new QR Code Scan Button at the top right hand side of the app:
iOS version - If you have the latest version of AutoElevate Notify you will see the new QR Code Scan Button in the top left hand side of the app:
To install/update the mobile apps search for "AutoElevate Notify" in Google Play or the App Store from your device or use the following links:
How to Enable Ticketing for Technician Mode for Your Technicians:
From the Admin Portal (https://msp.autoelevate.com ):
- Go to the “Users” screen
- Edit a user by clicking the pencil icon next the User’s name
On the right-hand side of the Edit Users screen check the “Enabled” box under “Technician Mode Ticketing” (as seen below):
How to Use Ticketing for Technician Mode:
From a machine with the AutoElevate Agent version 188.8.131.52 or greater do the following:
- Press “CTRL + Alt + A”(or use the Technician Mode link on any dialog window, or put the Computer into Technician Mode from the Action in the Admin Portal)
- A QR Code will appear
- Open the AutoElevate Notify application (version 1.3 or greater as seen above) on your mobile device
- Press the QR code icon in the top bar of the app
- Scan the QR code on the machine with the AutoElevate Notify App
Once Enhanced Technician Mode is active you will see a box appear in the lower right corner of the computer screen that looks like this:
To start a new ticket or time entry on your PSA ticketing solution simply click the “Start Ticket Timer” button. AutoElevate will use the Authenticated technician, computer, and Company (that the computer is associated with) to then display the following prompt:
** You may be prompted with slightly different options which will be based on compatibility with your PSA solution.
ConnectWise Manage users will be prompted to select a Service Board (required) where the time entry or ticket should be made. Once you have selected the service board you can either Create a New Ticket or Add Time to one of the existing tickets that are open for that Company on the service board. You optionally can set the Ticket Status, and either take the default Ticket Summary or customize it. A time entry can initially be set or can be added later.
Checking the “Contiguous Time” box at the bottom of the form will create the new time entry starting the timer from the end-time of the last entry that the authenticated technician made (if an entry had been made within the last 24-hours). If “Contiguous Time” is not checked time will start at the moment the “Start Time” button is depressed.
Once the Timer is started, the running time since the timer was started is displayed in the box and the “Add Note” button becomes available which allows for Notes to be added to the PSA ticket at any time.
Simple notes can be typed into the space provided and marked to be displayed in the ticket as either a private internal note or as a user viewable note.
By clicking on the “Stop Time and Back to Live Mode” button (this may also say ‘Back to Policy Mode’ or ‘Back to Audit Mode’ depending on the Agent mode prior to entering Technician mode) the options for completing the ticket and time entry will be displayed.
From this dialog box you can optionally set a Ticket Status, Ticket Summary, and Time Entry Notes and then can stop your time entry by clicking the “Stop Time” button. The Status, Summary, and Notes will be set, your time entry will end, and the Agent will exit Technician Mode and go back to the previous Agent mode. Once Enhanced Technician Mode has ended UAC events will be automatically processed according to the rules and mode that the agent is.