This document explains how AutoElevate's official Datto RMM deployment script works, how to install the component in your component library, and some considerations if you have already deployed agents previously.
There is no need to manually create Companies in the AutoElevate Admin Portal first.
You simply run the script on the target device(s), and the latest MSI will download and install, with the License, Companies, and Locations automatically filled. Refresh the data using the "Refresh Data" button in the AutoElevate Admin Portal 'Computers' screen and you should see the company/location/computer show up.
How Does it Work?
The script first looks up the Datto RMM device ID in the registry, it then grabs the company (site) information from the agent and updates the MSI installation along with the variables set in the component
- Import the CPT file attached at the bottom of this document (AutoElevate Deployment - WIN.cpt) using the "Import Component" button on the Components screen.
- Set required variables. Once it has been uploaded, you will need to change some variables on the component before you "Save" it to your library. The variables you will need to change are:
- inputLicenseKey - REQUIRED - Your AutoElevate license key is found on the Settings screen in the AutoElevate Admin Portal.
- Set optional variables. You may want to change some of the optional variables:
- inputAgentMode - The agent mode that the agent will be set to initially. This can be set to Audit (default), Live & Policy. For a detailed explanation of these modes, see this document.
- inputDefaultLocationName - Enter the Location Name as it appears in the Admin Portal - Default is Main Office. This field cannot be empty but can be set to whatever value you prefer.
- inputDebugPrintEnabled - Set to True in order to see more detailed output logs.
- Save. Click the "Save" button in the top right corner.
- Schedule a job. You are now ready to use this component to schedule jobs on devices that are listed in Datto.
If you have already manually created any Companies in the AutoElevate Admin Portal, you may see duplicates appear after using this script. This is because the Datto Site ID is being used to identify the new Company created by the script (something that you were not able to supply when creating them manually).
In order to resolve this issue, and ensure that further script jobs for the same Company don't continue to create duplicates, you will need to "Merge" the Companies. In order to do this, you will need to:
- Navigate to the Companies screen in the AutoElevate Admin Portal.
- Select both Companies in question.
- Select the "Merge" action from the Actions menu.
- Follow the instructions on the dialog to follow. NOTE: It's important that you set the Company that was created with the script to be the "Target" Company. This will make sure that the older, manually created Company, will be merged into the new one.