To deploy agents from your N-able N-central) system you can use the attached AMP file and following instructions.
The automation policy for N-central RMM will deploy AutoElevate to any scriptable agent, with parameter prompts for your AutoElevate License Key, Company Name, Company Initials, Location (logical group of machines, i.e. Atlanta, Dallas, Laptops, Desktops, or Lab Computers, etc.), and Agent Mode (Audit, Live, or Policy). Here is a article that covers that basic parameters discussed in the context of doing a general deployment, manually or scripted with an RMM tool: https://support.autoelevate.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003703811-System-Agent-Installation
What the Automation Policy Does:
- Checks to see if the “AutoElevate Agent” service is running (quits if it is already),
- If it is not running then downloads the file from our Amazon storage (https://autoelevate-installers.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/current/AESetup.msi where the most current Agent can always be found) and saves it to the system temp folder
- Runs an embedded PowerShell one-line script with a few parameters defined like the variables passed in from the run along with the install path from the temp folder where it was downloaded.
- Runs the following PowerShell with the variables from the script run (Start-Process msiexec.exe "/I `"$installer`" /quiet /lv `"$logfile`" LICENSE_KEY=`"$lickey`" COMPANY_NAME=`"$compname`" COMPANY_INITIALS=`"$compinitials`" LOCATION_NAME=`"$locgroup`" AGENT_MODE=`"$agentmode`"" -Wait)
- Verifies that the registry key exists for AutoElevate to make sure it’s installed
Steps To Import Automation Policy:
In N-central, from the top Service Organization level, on the Configuration menu go to Scheduled Tasks->Script/Software Repository and click Add->Automation Policy, then select the .amp file that is attached here. It will create the policy “AutoElevate Agent Deployment” in the list. (See basic steps in the attached picture)
Running The Automation Policy
Run the Automation Policy through any standard method. When you choose it from the list (as pictured above), it will prompt for the 5 variables:
- License key
- Company Name (If you use a PSA system such as ConnectWise Manage make sure the name you specify matches the Company ID in CWM or the correct criteria to match and “Link” the Company. Please reference the documentation for your particular PSA system).
- Company Initials
- Agent Mode (“Audit”, “Policy”, or “Live”)
Either type in the arguments, or copy & paste them from the AutoElevate Admin Portal Companies & Settings screens (i.e. License key, Company Name, Company Initials, Locations) and type in whether the Agent should run in Audit, Policy, or Live mode and then click Run.
To make things a little nicer, In N-central you can go to Administration->Custom Properties to add a new organization-level custom property named something like “AutoElevate License Key” with the license key as the default, it’s easy to select this key as one of the parameters. Optionally, more custom fields could be defined for the other variables to make selecting them easier than just typing but would depend on your usage.